Friday, June 24, 2011

Pillowcase Dress

I do love a pillowcase dress for summer. There are a million tutorials around for these, but one of my favourites would have to be this one, at Aesthetic Nest. Of course there are the beautiful finishes (think french seams) and gorgeous fabric choice, but the instructions are great and I found it really easy to follow.

So this dress was on the top of the list for Emma, but I was having a crisis of conviction with my chosen fabric. I bought a bundle of Amy Butler fabric when Sew Mama Sew had it on sale recently, but suddenly I wondered if it was all too much and I should go for something a little less retro and a lot more 'little girl'.

 photo pillowcasedress_zps2284e103.jpg

But I love a bit of retro, so I jumped in anyway. The fabrics were Passion Lily and Laurel Dots from Amy Butlers Soul Blossoms collection. Don't you just love the names?? And here it is...

 photo pillowcasedress2_zps660d558c.jpg

It's a bit big for Emma, at one point I wondered if I might even be able to wear it as a top myself! I love the bright colour on her, and if she gets two summers out of it, all the better.

 photo pillowcasedress3_zps8afb4ee9.jpg
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...