Monday, April 23, 2012

Coffee Table Makeover

I finally finished a much needed makeover on our coffee table! My husband Danny had this coffee table is his lounge room when I met him - lucky for him I didn't hold it against him. Once we moved in together I moved it all over the house, basically trying to hide it. It's just so orange! In fact, I have a whole herd of orange furniture that are crying out for a makeover. One piece at a time I keep telling myself! Here's how it looked to start with, in all its orange glory.

 photo coffeetablemakeover_zps0c701e01.jpg

Apart from being orange, the stain was also flaking on the top, and Emma had been practicing writing her name on one corner. When I saw Courtneys' dining table makeover over at The Apprentice Extrovert I knew that was the style I'd go for (and if you don't already follow Court you should - her work is fantastic!). And here it is!

 photo CoffeeTableMakeover2_zps6ac1012e.jpg

The lounge room is on the list for a makeover, but it's a fair way down. Having this table looking good brightens the room and will tide me over for a while... well a little while at least!

 photo coffeetablemakeover3_zps2e503231.jpg

Have you ever worked on a project that made you more and more nervous as you went, because you started to really like it? That was me, with this. I was nervous to keep staining, but I knew I wanted a dark chocolate on top, so I crossed my fingers and kept going. I'm really happy with the result.

 photo CoffeeTablemakeover4_zpsaab6ba3b.jpg

Thank you so much for stopping by!

I'm sharing at
Between Naps on the Porch 
Tip Junkie
Sugar Bee Crafts
Not Just A Housewife
Primitive & Proper
Primp
Domestically Speaking
aka Design


19 comments:

  1. Love it! Its amazing what paint can do :) thanks for following my blog...looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a difference Catherine, it looks so good!! Well done with the stain...its not something I've attempted yet, but you got a perfect chocolate color!!
    You are so sweet to me!! Thank you for the mention, your work is pretty fantastic too!!
    P.S I sooooo want your wingback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a difference, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a difference! the top looks so rich- great job, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job on this coffee table. I am encouraged to do more projects like this one. I also like how you did the two tones - white on dark wood. I like your vintage magazine rack below too :-)
    Anyhoo, I found you over at the blog hop and I'm happily following you. I'd love for you to come and check me out too.
    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the combination of a dark top and white bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so good! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm your newest follower and co-host of this month's blog hop. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun :) I'm looking forward to getting you know you better!

    WOW! What a transformation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, you did tremendously great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks awesome, thx for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I have some orange chairs that may get this same makeover. No more orange furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This turned out great! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful transformation! You really did a great job on it. It's what I've been planning on doing to my orangey kitchen table. (Newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks awesome! I'm amazed at your diy skills!! Visiting from the Live. Laugh. Rowe. Link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job! I tried my hand at something similar a couple years ago. The table was an ugly country blue and in rough shape but oh, what a little paint and stain can do!
    http://www.handbagsnpigtails.com/2010/08/coffee-table-transformationcomplete.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...