Good lord. This project almost ended badly. VERY BADLY.
When I saw this chair at my local auction house I was desperate. I really wanted her and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. It was not this.
Orange tapestry. Unfortunately the budget didn't stretch to all 6, so I bid on and won two. (Remind me to tell you about the day my husband saw that their reserve had been reduced to $0, but forgot to tell me).
I wanted bold. Dramatic. A bit fun. But then trying to re-upholster her was a nightmare. First up I used glue that stained the fabric. Then I cut my fabric the wrong size. Then there were my children... I take responsibility, I did after all give them food. What was I thinking!
But we got there eventually! I know she's not to everyone's taste but I love her just the same. I love having something that has so much character... I can't decide whether to have her in the main bedroom, and design around her, or use her in the spare room / craft room. Wherever she goes, I'm sure she'll be the centre of attention!
Her mate is still in the garage awaiting her fate. I'm thinking I'll go the total opposite with her and go white or very pale grey and neutral fabric. My tastes are a little eclectic!
Thanks for stopping by...
I'm sharing at...
Sugar Bee Crafts
Not Just a Housewife
Primitive & Proper
Live Laugh Rowe
Miss Mustard Seed
Scandi Coast Home