Monday, February 18, 2013

Square Side Table - Pacific Lagoon Green

Sometimes I just want to work with a colour - do you ever get that? Painting everything white can be lovely, but not this time. Walking around op shops and antique stores lately I've been obsessed with those beautiful greens you see everywhere, and I really wanted some to use on something myself. Lucky for me I had a square side table that a very lovely friend had found on the side of the road and passed on to me that could use a bit of brightening up.

 photo PacificLagoon_zps96df20f9.jpg

This table was originally one of those orangy pieces you see everywhere. My dining table is orange; one day I WILL paint it, or get rid of it, but right now there's a long list before I get to it! I actually think just about everyone has or has had one of these pieces in their home at some stage... because op shops are always full of the stuff!  I love this one because it's solid, a good shape with shapely legs.

The colour I chose is British Paints Pacific Lagoon.

 photo PacificLagoon2_zps2abc033c.jpg

I wanted a weathered, worn look, so I used two coats of primer, two coats of paint, then I went crazy with the sander. YES I was nervous - but it turned out just as I had imagined it. The legs were a little harder because of their shape, so these were mostly done by hand... I find sanding a good way to release frustration - say after grocery shopping (which I HATE), or after one or other of the small people have had a huge meltdown over something so minor I can't even remember what it was in the first place!

 photo pacificlagoon3_zps02787d72.jpg

This girl is destined for the Avoca Beachside Markets this weekend. I have my fingers crossed as it was rained out last month! So far there is no rain predicted so I will just need to keep them crossed!

Thanks for stopping by...






I'm sharing at...
Sugar Bee Crafts
Twelve0eight
Domestically Speaking
Redoux Interiors 
Miss Mustard Seed 
Scandi Coast Home 
Too Much Time on My Hands

14 comments:

  1. I love the colour, it looks beautiful!
    Hand sanding is great for the arm muscles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! You and I are taking down orange pine - one piece at a time! It might take a few thousand years but we will get there!!
    Good luck for the market!!!
    Love this colour too, I've never used British paints. Did you seal and if so what did you use? I do like to know what works for others! And did you sand first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beachy! i love this color and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh! I love this table. Great color AND finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely!! I adore the way you finished it. That color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! Beautiful color, great transformation! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! I love the color, it looks so relaxing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been pouring rain here in Newy so hopefully it's good weather for you tomorrow.
    Beautiful makeover......I am going to get me some of that colour paint!!!
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new color and the paint job you did on the cute table. I get a little nervous after I paint when I do the first bit of sanding. It seems like the finish just gets better as I sand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pictures of turquoise always draw me in and I love this particular shade. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Patti@OldThingsNew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that blue... so pretty! I'm featuring it in the PoPP Spotlight this week. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Catherine
    I know what you mean about "orangey" furniture. I have a coffee table like that and I hate it.
    Your little table is a sweety.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...