Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bar stools - a gaggle? a flock? maybe a pub full?

hello!

I've had a bunch of bar stools to work on lately - for some reason I liked them and they were the right price, so I decided to grab them all :)

 photo barstools2_zps3e98f364.jpg

These ones were my first sale at my last market, along with a lovely little green table. I love how the top turned out, rustic and worn, just the way I like it! I was in the process of sanding the old paint off when I decided I like the way they looked just the way they were! The blue and cream underneath looked great with the dark wood, so I smoothed it down and gave it a coat of wax.

 photo barstools_zps67bfc51f.jpg

The next ones started out as a bit of an experiment that didn't go the way I had originally planned, so they've had a makeover and a half. I haven't waxed them yet, as I'm thinking that I'd like them with REALLY heavy distressing. I went with the same walnut stain as the ones above, and the same distressed look for the legs, just in a much brighter colour. Sometimes I need a pop of colour, makes me happy :)

 photo barstools3_zpse67aab38.jpg


I also completely missed Thrifty Thursday last week - I've been running round like a headless chook doing every sort of nothing. Do you ever have those sorts of weeks? Lots of starts but nothing finished. This week I will be better - promise. AND I have a couple of really great finds to share, and my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint project to finish!!!

Thanks for stopping by...







I'm sharing at...
Sugar Bee Crafts
Twelve0eight
Domestically Speaking 
Live Laugh Rowe 
Miss Mustard Seed
Shabby Nest

5 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous!! And I've been busy with all sorts of nothing too, can't wait to achieve something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love both of these! you know i am a sucker for color- so i really love the second set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both sets, especially when they're both shades of blue. I have a set of stools that I started weeks ago, I really must finish them! I agree, lots of half done things that need completing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working on stools too! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love your stools, noticed the first set have really different legs. They look so cute. Great job. Glad you did each set differently.
    We're just starting out to make things and redo some. We acquired 4 bar stools today for free along with some really nice lumber so we're excited to get started. I know we have a lot to learn so thank goodness for all you talented bloggers to help show us the way. We get so much inspiration from all of you. All of you have your own ways of doing things but I learn so much about the right ways to do things. So glad I found your blog thru Furniture Feature Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...